- Recruit your Family, Friends, Neighbors and Coworkers to help
- Email drives donations much better then social media, the more people you can communicate through email, the more money you’ll raise for your charity.
- If possible, try emailing in small batches of 10. CC'ing to many people at once will lead to less engagement.
- Make your donors and fundraisers feel appreciated. Thank them often and remind them you are stoked to have them part of your team.
- Post a link to your fundraising page on your Facebook page and invite friends to donate
- The goal is to get everyone to share your message with their own friends and family.
- Use Facebook and Twitter to update people about your fundraising campaign.
Sample Email--Let everyone know how they can help
SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS. MAKE SURE THEY FORWARD TO THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILY:[NAME],
I just signed up for the 2018 Mountains 2 Beach Marathon. It's going to be so amazing.
Not only will I be training like crazy for my run, but more importantly, I’m going to leverage all that training and hard work to help raise money for [CHARITY NAME].
I'm reaching out to everyone I know to help me raise [YOUR FUNDRAISING GOAL] for this cause. Any amount you can give is amazing and so appreciated.
Just click here [LINK TO YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE] to check out my fundraiser and click the big donate button. Please give what you can. It'll take you about ten seconds.
Here are some quick facts about my cause...
[SOME INFO ABOUT YOUR CAUSE. THE MORE TANGIBLE THE CAUSE THE BETTER] Thanks so much for your support.
HOW TO RAISE $1000 IN 11 DAYS
We know that, along with all the training you're doing, raising even $1000 can seem daunting. So, here is a quick list to make everything slightly more manageable and fun.
Raise $1000 in 11 Days
DAY 1 Donate $100 to your own page
DAY 2: Ask your girlfriend or boyfriend or wife or husband for $100
DAY 3: Ask your nicest brother or sister for $50
DAY 4: Ask 6 friends for $25 each
DAY 5: Ask 5 acquaintances for $25
DAY 6: Ask both of your neighbors for $25
DAY 7: Ask 4 relatives for $50
DAY 8: Ask your boss for $100
DAY 9: Ask 4 people you work with for $25
DAY 10: Rest for a day
DAY 11: Ask an old teacher for $25
MORE ACTIVE WAYS TO FUNDRAISE
- Hold a party for friends and neighbors to learn more about your commitment Charity
- Make flyers and have them ready to hand out wherever you go!
- Organize a car wash with a group of friends
- Instead of presents, ask for donations for your birthday
- Ask if your company has a matching gift program. Some companies do, and it's an easy way to gain some extra donations.
- Collect recycling items from family and friends and cash in
- Make it out to your next neighborhood PTA or committee meeting to ask for participation or donations
- Approach schools, teachers and parents to form a team for students to participate in
- Offer to be a dog walker or babysitter for your friends and neighbors in exchange for donations;
- Ask permission to put a "coin canister" out at school, work or local businesses
- Make key chains, friendship bracelets or other items and have a craft sale
- Hold a bake sale, yard sale or lemonade stand with all proceeds benefiting the Mountains 2 Beach Charity Program.