- Recruit your Family, Friends, Neighbors and Coworkers to help
- Email drives donations much better then social media, the more people you can communicate through email, the more money you’ll raise for your charity.
- If possible, try emailing in small batches of 10. CC’ing to many people at once will lead to less engagement.
- Make your donors and fundraisers feel appreciated. Thank them often and remind them you are stoked to have them part of your team.
- Post a link to your fundraising page on your Facebook page and invite friends to donate
- The goal is to get everyone to share your message with their own friends and family.
- Use Facebook and Twitter to update people about your fundraising campaign.
Sample Email–Let everyone know how they can help
SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS. MAKE SURE THEY FORWARD TO THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILY:
I just signed up for the [ _____ ANNUAL] Mountains 2 Beach Marathon. It’s going to be so amazing.
Not only will I be training like crazy for my run, but more importantly, I’m going to leverage all that training and hard work to help raise money for [CHARITY NAME].
I’m reaching out to everyone I know to help me raise [YOUR FUNDRAISING GOAL] for this cause. Any amount you can give is amazing and so appreciated.
Just click here [LINK TO YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE] to check out my fundraiser and click the big donate button. Please give what you can. It’ll take you about ten seconds.
Here are some quick facts about my cause…
[SOME INFO ABOUT YOUR CAUSE. THE MORE TANGIBLE THE CAUSE THE BETTER] Thanks so much for your support.
HOW TO RAISE $1000 IN 11 DAYS
We know that, along with all the training you’re doing, raising even $1000 can seem daunting. So, here is a quick list to make everything slightly more manageable and fun.
Raise $1000 in 11 Days
DAY 1 Donate $100 to your own page
DAY 2: Ask your girlfriend or boyfriend or wife or husband for $100
DAY 3: Ask your nicest brother or sister for $50
DAY 4: Ask 6 friends for $25 each
DAY 5: Ask 5 acquaintances for $25
DAY 6: Ask both of your neighbors for $25
DAY 7: Ask 4 relatives for $50
DAY 8: Ask your boss for $100
DAY 9: Ask 4 people you work with for $25
DAY 10: Rest for a day
DAY 11: Ask an old teacher for $25
MORE ACTIVE WAYS TO FUNDRAISE
- Hold a party for friends and neighbors to learn more about your commitment Charity
- Make flyers and have them ready to hand out wherever you go!
- Organize a car wash with a group of friends
- Instead of presents, ask for donations for your birthday
- Ask if your company has a matching gift program. Some companies do, and it’s an easy way to gain some extra donations.
- Collect recycling items from family and friends and cash in
- Make it out to your next neighborhood PTA or committee meeting to ask for participation or donations
- Approach schools, teachers and parents to form a team for students to participate in
- Offer to be a dog walker or babysitter for your friends and neighbors in exchange for donations;
- Ask permission to put a “coin canister” out at school, work or local businesses
- Make key chains, friendship bracelets or other items and have a craft sale
- Hold a bake sale, yard sale or lemonade stand with all proceeds benefiting the Mountains 2 Beach Charity Program.