MOUNTAINS 2 BEACH
Sunday, April 28th, 2024 • 6:10am
M2B is your So Cal BQ!
Marathon Course Description
The Mountains 2 Beach Marathon is 26.2 miles of mountain and beachfront scenery. Starting in beautiful downtown Ojai, California, you start off with a 6 mile loop through East Ojai. This loop brings runners back by the start area which makes for great spectating. After running back through town you approach community of Meiners Oaks. After a few miles, the course takes a right onto the Ventura River Bike Path. After exiting you head Santa Ana for some back country roads. After several miles trending downhill, runners begin to see civilization again on Ventura Ave. At Shell Rd turn back onto the final section of our paved bike path and continues to Downtown. After a tour of downtown Ventura, runners make one of the final turns and come face to face with the famous Ventura Beach front. Try not to get distracted by the beauty as you still have just over a mile to go of beach side running which brings you to the finish line and festival. Over the 26.2 miles you will see beautiful mountain peaks, the Ventura River Basin, the Historic Ventura Downtown district, and the world renowned Ventura Coast line. There is a total downhill of over 700 feet. The course is a lightning fast, USATF certified Boston Marathon Qualifier (CA22014TEB). Space is limited so don’t wait and miss out. We have sold out every year, several months early!
USATF Course Certification Number (for Boston Marathon Qualification): CA22014TEB
Aid Stations and Water Stations
Water stations will be located at miles: 1.4, 3.2, 4.7, 6.2, 7.7, 8.8, 10.4, 11.8, 12.9, 14.3, 15.9, 17.4, 18.8, 20.1, 21.5, 23.25 and 24.75
Electrolyte drink provided by Fluid will be at miles: 3.2, 7.7, 10.4, 11.8, 15.9, 17.4, 18.8, 21.5, 23.25, and 24.75.
Energy gels will be at mile 12.9 and 20.1
Basic First AID will be available at the all water stations.
First Aid will be available at mi 12.9, mi 17.4, mi 23.25 and the Finish
*distances are approximate
Restrooms will be available at the Start, every Aid Station and the Finish.
Course Time Limit
Due to permitting restrictions, we will have the following course cutoff policy.
Runners must maintain a 14 min/per mile pace through miles 6, 13 and 23 in order to finish with full support from the event staff and volunteers. If you plan on/or end up running slower than a 14 min mile please pay attention to the following:
- Mile 6 at 7:55 am (17.5 min mile pace) If you are at this point after 7:55 am you will not be able to continue. All traffic control/course markings/mile markers/ and aid stations will be removed at this time. The race will not be able to provide you with any services if you decide to continue. If you would like to stop, the event will provide free transportation to the finish line area from this location.
- Mile 13 at 9:55 am (17.5 min per mile pace) If you are at this point after 9:55 am you will not be able to continue. All traffic control/course markings/mile markers/ and aid stations will be removed at this time. The race will not be able to provide you with any services if you decide to continue. If you would like to stop, the event will provide free transportation to the finish line area from this location.
- Mile 23 at 11:30 am- this cut off will impact more runners but is not a mandatory stopping point. If impacted you will be given a map and a bottle of water to finish the last 3 miles. Our permits require certain roads in downtown Ventura to open at this time, so rules of the road will apply. Runners must use sidewalks and crosswalks where appropriate. Course markings/mile markers/and aid stations will be removed from the roads by 12:00pm. Follow the map to the Finish Line, we will be waiting for you and you will receive an official time.
Full Marathon Course Map
*Course subject to change without notice-
*Turn by Turn Directions.
- Saturday, April 27th 2024
- Location- San Buenaventura State Beach
- Time- 10:00am-5:00pm
Each entrant will receive a technical fiber running shirt featuring the race logo.
Each competitor will be professionally chip timed.
Mountains 2 Beach Marathon Pace Team: Presented by Beast Pacing
Pace groups will be led as follows: 3:00, 3:05, 3:10, 3:15, 3:20, 3:25, 3:30, 3:35, 3:40, 3:45, 3:50, 3:55, 4:00, 4:05, 4:10, 4:20, 4:30, 4:35, 4:50, 5:05, and 5:20.
* Pace groups are subject to change without notice and are not guaranteed.
Start Line Bag Drop
There will be a bag drop at the start line. We will provide one standard grocery sized clear bag per participant (NOTE- ONLY RACE SUPPLIED BAGS WILL BE ALLOWED IN BAG DROP). Please mark your bag legibly with your first name, last name, and most importantly, bib number. Your bag can be retrieved at the finish line area. Fast Green Racing and the Mountains 2 Beach Marathon & Half are not responsible for damaged, lost or stolen items at the bag drop.
Every finisher will receive a Medal.
The top 5 overall male and female finishers, and top 3 age group winners will receive awards.
Age groups are as follows: 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29…80+
Finish Area Post-Race Party
After the race, everyone can celebrate at the finish area; Ventura State Beach Park, for the party, music, beer garden, race day expo, and more!