Mountains 2 Beach Marathon
Sunday May 24, 2020 • 6:00am
Sign Up-Limited Spots Left at: $126
Marathon Course Description
The Clif Mountains 2 Beach Marathon is 26.2 miles of mountain and beachfront scenery. Starting in beautiful downtown Ojai, California, you start off with a 6 mile loop through east Ojai. This loop brings runners back by the start area which makes for great spectating as it heads towards mile 7 and the community of Meiners Oaks. After several miles, the course takes a right onto the Ventura River Bike Path to Santa Ana Blvd, a beautiful country road. After several miles trending downhill, runners begin to see civilization again on Ventura Ave. At Shell Rd turning onto the final section of our paved bike path and continues to Downtown. After a tour of downtown Ventura, runners make one of the final turns and come face to face with the famous Ventura Beach front. Try not to get distracted by the beauty as you still have just over a mile to go. More than a mile of beach side running brings you to the finish line and festival. Over the 26.2 miles you will see beautiful mountain peaks, the Ventura River Basin, the gorgeous Ventura Promenade, and the world renowned Ventura Coast line. There is a total downhill of over 700 feet. The course is a lightning fast, USATF certified Boston Marathon Qualifier (CA16086RS). Space is limited so don’t wait and miss out. We have sold out every year, several months early!
USATF Course Certification Number (for Boston Marathon Qualification): CA16086RS
Aid Stations and Water Stations
- Water stations will be located at miles: 1.5, 2.8, 4.1, 6.1, 7.7, 8.8, 10.4, 11.9, 13, 14.2, 16, 17.6, 18.9, 20.3, 21.8, 23.2, and 25
- Electrolyte drink provided by Fluid will be at miles: 2.8, 7.7, 10.4, 11.9, 16, 17.6, 18.9, 20.3, 21.8 and 23.2.
- Energy gels will be provided by Clif and located at mile 13 and mile 20.3
- Basic First AID will be available at the all water stations.
- First Aid will be available at mi 13, mi 17.6, mi 23.2 and the Finish
*distances are approximate
Restrooms will be available at the Start, every Aid Station (except Aid Station A at mile 1.5) and the Finish.
Course Time Limit
Due to permitting restrictions, we will have the following course cutoff policy.
Runners must maintain a 15 min/per mile pace through miles 6, 13 and 23 in order to finish with full support from the event staff and volunteers. If you plan on/or end up running slower than a 15 min mile please pay attention to the following:
- Mile 6 at 7:45 am (17.5 min mile pace) If you are at this point after 7:45 am you will not be able to continue. All traffic control/course markings/mile markers/ and aid stations will be removed at this time. The race will not be able to provide you with any services if you decide to continue. If you would like to stop, the event will provide free transportation to the finish line area from this location.
- Mile 13 at 9:45 am (17.5 min per mile pace) If you are at this point after 9:45 am you will not be able to continue. All traffic control/course markings/mile markers/ and aid stations will be removed at this time. The race will not be able to provide you with any services if you decide to continue. If you would like to stop, the event will provide free transportation to the finish line area from this location.
- Mile 23 at 11:30 am- this cut off will impact more runners but is not a mandatory stopping point. If impacted you will be given a map and a bottle of water to finish the last 3.2 miles. Our permits require certain roads in downtown Ventura to open at this time, so rules of the road will apply. Runners must use sidewalks and crosswalks where appropriate. Course markings/mile markers/and aid stations will be removed. Follow the map to the Finish Line, we will be waiting for you and you will receive an official time.
*Course subject to change without notice
Turn by Turn Directions
- Saturday, May 23rd 2020
- Location- Ventura County Fair Grounds
- Time- 10:00am-7:00pm
Each entrant will receive a technical fiber running shirt featuring the race logo.
Each competitor will be professionally chip timed.
Clif Mountains 2 Beach Marathon Pace Team: Presented by Inside Track
Pace groups will be led as follows: 3:05, 3:10, 3:15, 3:25, 3:30,3:35, 3:40, 3:45, 3:55 4:00, 4:25, 4:40, 4:55.
* Pace groups are subject to change without notice and are not guaranteed.
Start Line Bag Drop
There will be a bag drop at the start line. We will provide one standard grocery sized clear bag per participant (NOTE- ONLY RACE SUPPLIED BAGS WILL BE ALLOWED IN BAG DROP). Please mark your bag legibly with your first name, last name, and most importantly, bib number. Your bag can be retrieved at the finish line area. Fast Green Racing and the Clif Bar Mountains 2 Beach Marathon & Half are not responsible for damaged, lost or stolen items at the bag drop.
After the race, everyone can celebrate at the finish area at Seaside Park for the party, music, beer garden, race day expo, and more!
Every finisher will receive a Medal.
The top 5 overall male and female finishers, and top 3 age group winners will receive awards.
Age groups are as follows: 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29...80+
The finish line and chute will be located at the dead end of Shoreline Dr in Ventura.