Mountains 2 Beach Marathon
Sunday May 26, 2019 • 6:00am
Marathon Course Description
The Clif Mountains 2 Beach Marathon is 26.2 miles of mountain and beachfront scenery. Starting in beautiful downtown Ojai, California, you start off with a 6 mile loop through east Ojai. This loop brings runners back by the start area which makes for great spectating as it heads towards mile 7 and the community of Meiners Oaks. After several miles, the course takes a right onto the Ventura River Bike Path to Santa Ana Blvd, a beautiful country road. After several miles trending downhill, runners begin to see civilization again on Ventura Ave. At Shell Rd turning onto the final section of our paved bike path and continues to Downtown. After a tour of downtown Ventura, runners make one of the final turns and come face to face with the famous Ventura Beach front. Try not to get distracted by the beauty as you still have just over a mile to go. More than a mile of beach side running brings you to the finish line and festival. Over the 26.2 miles you will see beautiful mountain peaks, the Ventura River Basin, the gorgeous Ventura Promenade, and the world renowned Ventura Coast line. There is a total downhill of over 700 feet. The course is a lightning fast, USATF certified Boston Marathon Qualifier (CA16086RS). Space is limited so don’t wait and miss out. We have sold out every year, several months early!
USATF Course Certification Number (for Boston Marathon Qualification): CA16086RS
Aid Stations and Water Stations
- Water stations will be located at miles: 1.5, 2.8, 4.1, 6.1, 7.7, 8.8, 10.4, 11.9, 13, 14.2, 16, 17.6, 18.9, 20.3, 21.8, 23.2, and 25
- Electrolyte drink provided by Fluid will be at miles: 2.8, 7.7, 10.4, 11.9, 16, 17.6, 18.9, 20.3, 21.8 and 23.2.
- Energy gels will be provided by Clif and located at mile 13 and mile 20.3
- Basic First AID will be available at the all water stations.
- First Aid will be available at mi 13, mi 17.6, mi 23.2 and the Finish
*distances are approximate
Restrooms will be available at the start, mile 3, mile 6.5 (back at the start line) mile 8, mile 17.8, mile 25 and finish.
Course Time Limit
Due to permitting restrictions, we will have the following course cutoff policy.
- Runners must maintain a 5.5 hour finishing pace through miles 6, 8.8, 13.1 and 23.5 in order to finish with support from the event staff and volunteers.
- If you do not make the course cutoff at miles 6, 8 and 13.1, you are allowed to continue on the route at your own risk and must abide by rules of the road. The race will not be able to provide you with any services if you decide to continue. If you would like to stop, the event will provide free transportation to the finish line area from those 3 locations.
- Runners who maintain a 5.5 hour finishing pace through the half way point but miss the cutoff at Mile 23.5 will either be directed straight to the finish area (approx. 1/2 mile away) or picked up via course vans. Runners are allowed to continue the rest course but Rules of the Road apply. Runners must use sidewalks and crosswalks where appropriate. Runners who choose to continue beyond mile 23.5 will be given a bottle of water and a map to the finish.
We will not leave the finish area until all runners are done, but police and volunteers on course will leave at 12:00 pm.
Each entrant will receive a technical fiber running shirt featuring the race logo.
Each competitor will be professionally chip timed.
Clif Mountains 2 Beach Marathon Pace Team: Presented by Inside Track
Pace groups will be led as follows: 3:05, 3:10, 3:15, 3:25, 3:30,3:35, 3:40, 3:45, 3:55 4:00, 4:25, 4:40, 4:55.
* Pace groups are subject to change without notice and are not guaranteed.
Start Line Bag Drop
There will be a bag drop at the start line. We will provide one standard grocery sized clear bag per participant (NOTE- ONLY RACE SUPPLIED BAGS WILL BE ALLOWED IN BAG DROP). Please mark your bag legibly with your first name, last name, and most importantly, bib number. Your bag can be retrieved at the finish line area. Fast Green Racing and the Clif Bar Mountains 2 Beach Marathon & Half are not responsible for damaged, lost or stolen items at the bag drop.
After the race, everyone can celebrate at the finish area at Seaside Park for the party, music, beer garden, race day expo, and more!
Every finisher will receive a Medal.
The top 5 overall male and female finishers, and top 3 age group winners will receive awards.
Age groups are as follows: 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29...80+
The finish line and chute will be located at the dead end of Shoreline Dr in Ventura.