2022 Event Date Change: June 5th

Hello runners,
After two years of event cancellations and virtual events we are so thankful to bring M2B back to the racing community. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for choosing to join us this year. With the race set for Memorial Day Weekend we have been dealt what initially seems like a heavy blow and we make this announcement with all your concerns and thoughts in mind.
It has recently come to us from local police that they simply cannot staff the event on the holiday weekend due to staffing issues. We have been working closely with them to try to come to some sort of compromise that keeps the event safe, and allows us to move forward with our traditional date. Sadly, no alternative will be approved except a change of date. Due to a lack of police resources, effective immediately, the new event date for this year will be 6/5/2022. That is a one-week postponement. The safety of the runners is the police’s and our top priority and without the them protecting you at key traffic crossings, they cannot allow the event on Memorial Day weekend when they are at “maximum enforcement.”
We know this will come as a shock to many of you as it was for us as well. Traditionally we have been on the same weekend for so many years now.
Most of you will be able to make this event date change no problem however we know that it will pose problems for some. We want to make this small postponement as smooth as possible.
What steps should you take next:
IF you are good with the date change: You are good to go, you do not need to take any steps as far as your registration goes. We will see you the weekend of June 4th-5th
IF you can not make the June 4th-5th date: If this weekend simply does not work for you, we have eliminated the fee for deferrals and transfers to other runners to offer you maximum flexibility.
As the event is being permitted, the standard no refund policy is still in effect.
For those with Airfare and Hotels: - Due to Covid, most airlines and hotels do not have any change/ cancellation fees. Be sure to reach out to your airline/ hotel asap. We have been in contact with our local tourism board and they said the new event weekend date “should” be cheaper and there is even more room in the hotels than our original date.

Looking on the bright side, you all have one more week to train for that BQ or PR!

As always, if you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out.

No Comments Yet.

Leave a comment