Coronavirus Update

Coronavirus Update: March 13, 2020

Many of you have emailed to inquire about the coronavirus (Covid19) and its potential impact on the 2020 Mountains 2 Beach Marathon, Half Marathon and 5k. We here at M2B headquarters continue to be in contact with local officials and the 2020 event date is “outside of current sensitive date ranges” for event cancellations and postponements as called for by California Gov. Newsom. Therefore, the 10th running of M2B is still planned for 5/24/2020. If that changes, we will let all participants know, and what options there are moving forward.

This is a very fluid situation that is impacting the entire country and beyond. We are committed to the overall health and safety of our runners, staff, volunteers and our community that we are fortunate to call home. We will adhere to all mandates from local and state public officials if any actions are deemed necessary.

We are humbled that so many of you have reached out in support of the event, and for the thousands who choose to run with us every year.

Boston Marathon postponed; I need a backup event!

As most probably know, the 124th Boston Marathon has been postponed until Sept. 14th and dozens of you have reached out asking if we will open up more spots into our sold-out full marathon, so that your training “will not go to waste.” Currently the event is sold out, and we have our waitlist open. We highly recommend putting yourself on the waitlist. If we can accommodate more runners, those on the waitlist will get priority, and even if we cannot accommodate more, we go hundreds deep into the list every year due to transfers and deferrals.

What can I do now?

Please familiarize yourself with the World Health Organization’s  suggested safety precautions including regular hand washing, covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, and avoiding close contact with anyone showing signs of illness.

We will keep posting updates as more information becomes available. 

-Mountains 2 Beach Race Director Benjamin Dewitt

Comments are closed.